We are delighted to offer an exciting opportunity to go behind the scenes of our remarkable restoration project.
Over the coming months, parishioners and members of the public are being invited to book their place on a series of events that will offer a rare opportunity to learn more about the restoration project at Salford Cathedral.
Attendees will be able to learn more about the history of the Cathedral and our plans to use the design and influences of its original décor to restore it to its former glory.
During the visit, guests will also learn more about why there is a need for extensive repairs and why certain parts of the building have been more severely affected than others.
Dates currently available are:
Friday 25th August 2023 – Tour of the Spire
Friday 29th September 2023
Friday 27th October 2023
Friday 24th November 2023
Friday 26th January 2024
Friday 23rd February 2024
The briefing and the tour will begin at 1.30pm and will last 1.5hours.
More dates in 2024 will be released nearer the time.
All visitors will be given a full health and safety briefing and protective equipment before the tour starts. There will be no access to the Tour if you miss the Health and Safety Briefing. Maximum of 6 people per session.
You can book your tour by contacting the Parish office on 0161 817 2210 during working hours (Monday – Friday 08.30-16.30) providing your name, contact number and number of tickets required, preferred tour date and time. (Tickets: Maximum of 2).
Telephone enquiries outside of office hours will not be accepted. Bookings will be taken on a first come first served basis.
- As the cathedral is currently a “live” construction site, it is important that suitable clothing and footwear are worn for the visits.
- Legs must be covered and no loose clothing.
- Boots will be provided but attendees can wear their own steel toe cap boots.
- PPE will be provided.
- Access to the scaffold may be offered as part of the event.
- Attendees should be comfortable with narrow spaces and being at an exposed height.
- These events are for over 18s only due to scaffold health and safety restrictions and some of the materials involved. The team are working on several projects with local schools.